Company

Group history

N&W was formed in 2000, following the amalgamation of two long-established vending companies, namely Wittenborg of Denmark, which was founded in 1924 and forged a successful business based predominantly in northern Europe, and the Italian company Necta, which emerged in 1968 as a consequence of a decision by the Zanussi Group to launch a range of vending machines and coffee dispensers.

The amalgamation was an ideal match: Necta had built an enviable reputation for expertise in the delivery of espresso whilst Wittenborg was equally renowned as a purveyor of American style coffee.

The newly formed group flourished and in 2007, N&W responded to market demands for an even wider range of products by acquiring the SGL Group and ADE. Both companies brought specific capabilities that enhanced the N&W offer: SGL being a leader in portioned espresso coffee technology in relation to smaller dispensing machines and ADE – re-named N&W Innovative Solutions – was at the vanguard of payment systems design and production and therefore ideally placed to consolidate N&W’s presence in the burgeoning cashless technology marketplace.

Group N&W's milestones

  1. 1924

    Wittenborg
    established in Odense,
    Denmark

  2. 1968

    Zanussi Vending
    established in
    Valbrembo, Italy

  3. 1976

    SGL Italia
    established in Torino,
    Italy

  4. 1986

    ADE Elettronica
    established in Villotta di
    Chions, Italy

  5. 2000

    Merge of Wittenborg and
    Necta Vending Solutions
    (former Zanussi Vending),
    the company name
    becomes N&W Global
    Vending

  6. 2007

    N&W acquire
    SGL Italia

  7. 2008

    N&W acquire ADE
    Elettronica, whose
    company name
    becomes N&W
    Innovative

  8. 2008

    Barclays Private
    Equity and Investcorp
    Investment Holdings
    invest in N&W

Choose

Back to Company
N&W Global Vending