ZIP Plus is an enhanced version of the ZIP cashless payment system for vending machines, which offers a multifunctional solution for different applications such as catering, access control and payment for timed services. ZIP Plus is based on the same key / card as ZIP, therefore, the user requires only one ZIP contactless key or card for all applications, making the system very user friendly and efficient.
The ZIP key / card is structured so that four different electronic purses can be available for the ZIP card and three for the ZIP key. Each electronic purse is independent, therefore, the cash credits held and the management of each circuit are not confused, even if the physical support (key or card) is the same.
- The ZIP Plus system can be used to:
- Vending - Catering - Access control - Copy machine - Parking - Washing machine - Time services - Etc.
- ZIP Caterpay
ZIP Caterpay is a complete catering solution consisting of a till and a key / card reader for end users. To complete the system, it can also be connected to a standard printer (RS232), additional customer display and cash drawer.
- Till: The till is the operator interface where different menus can be selected and it comprises of a chassis, developed to match the ZIP design line, a key pad and an LCD 16x2 display
- Reader key / card: The reader is the end user interface where the end user inserts the contactless key / card to pay for purchases, and includes a specific reader and an LCD 16x2 display
- ZIP Caterlink
- ZIP Caterlink is the end user interface, which can be connected to any standard till (PC cash registers, touch screen till etc.) in order to use the ZIP key / card for payments. It allows transactions to be made much faster because of minimal coin handling.
The connection between the PC cash register and the ZIP Caterlink is based on a protocol called "ZIP Caterlink communication protocol", which is available to any customer. The link can be easily developed by any software house operating in the catering market
- ZIP Access Control
- The ZIP Access Control unit allows end users to use the ZIP key / card as a means for accessing restricted areas. ZIP keys / cards can be used to allow access into the company?s premises (offices, parking area) only to authorised personnel.
The unit can be connected to a PC using an RS485 or RS232 serial connection. The connection between the PC and the ZIP Access Control unit is based on a communication protocol available to any customer.
- Other applications
- Access into restricted areas can be combined with the decrease of a credit stored in the key / card.
ZIP Access Control unit can manage "timed services" such as copy machines, washing machine cycles, car washing, sport facilities etc..
When the ZIP key / card is inserted into the reader, the application starts after a period of time programmed into the reader, and the credit or the number of points stored in the key / card are reduced.
If the reader of the ZIP Access Control unit is equipped with a display, it will indicate the credit or points stored in the key / card and the credit or points remaining after the use of the application.
- ZIP 3 Accounts
- Up to three different accounts available for the ZIP key/card;
- Ideally: Account n 1 (Vending) Account n 2 (Catering) Account n 3 (Copy Machines or Access Control);
- Each account is indipendent: the money and the management of each account does not get mixed even if the physical support (card or key) is the same.